Œuf Mollet avec Champignons Truffle | Chef Adam Siegel
James Beard awarding winning Chef Adam Siegel show us how to prepare Œuf Mollet avec Champignons Truffle.
Œuf Mollet avec Champignons Truffle
Cinematographer: Arthur Ircink & Mark Escribano
Editor: Arthur Ircink
Host: Brian Moran
Chef: Adam Siegel (Bartolotta)
Recipe: Œuf Mollet avec Champignons Truffe
Serves 4 people
5 ea eggs, extra large
1 lb crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced thin
8 oz frisee (curly endive) lettuce, washed and spun
1 tsp chives, minced
1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs, ground fine
1 oz sherry vinegar
2 oz extra virgin olive oil
6 oz butter, unsalted
to taste sea salt
1 oz black truffle oil
1 tsp black truffle pieces
to taste iodized salt
to taste cracked black pepper
2 qt vegetable or corn oil for frying
4 slices brioche or baguette
* Put the vegetable oil into a deep pot and heat to about 350 degrees.
* Bring a covered pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
* Fill a medium bowl with ice water.
* Place four eggs into the boiling water, cover and cook for exactly 5 minutes and 45 seconds. Remove the eggs and submerge into the bowl of ice water. This will stop the eggs from cooking any further, resulting in eggs that have cooked whites and raw yolks.
* While the eggs are cooling, take the remaining raw egg and crack into a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of water and salt to taste, whisk together.
* Place the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
* Start to peel the eggs carefully, placing them on a paper towel to drain some of the water.
* Begin breading the eggs by taking them one at a time and placing first into the breadcrumbs, then place into the egg wash, then back into the breadcrumbs. Hold the eggs refrigerated until needed.
* Place a medium stainless steel sauté pan over high heat, add the butter, melt, add the mushrooms and sauté. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté until golden brown. Add the chives and black truffle pieces. Add in the vinegar and olive oil.
* Put the frisee into a medium sized mixing bowl. Pour the mushrooms into the bowl and mix together. At the same time fry the eggs in the oil for about 45 seconds.
* Divide the salad into four salad bowls, top with a fried egg. Drizzle truffle oil over the egg and then season with the sea salt. Serve with either toasted brioche or baguette.
* Serve and enjoy!
-Served at Lake Park Bistro